12.08.2006

And there we have it...
Same-sex marriage is here to stay in Canada! The vote was 175 - 123 against re-opening the debate that would have introduce legislative restoring the traditional definition of marriage between a man and a woman. Harper said he will respect today's vote and said, "We made a promise to have a free vote on this issue, we kept that promise, and obviously we'll accept the democratic result of the people's representatives."

As a gay man, I'm getting tired of constantly hearing debates on whether or not I'm an equal participant in Canadian society. I pay my taxes like everyone and vote like everyone therefore, I should be aloud to marry if I choose to do so like everyone else.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even see what the big deal IS, really? So two men get married. Does it end the world? Does it make an angel drop from the sky in a bloody mass? NO!!! So let them get married and fucking mind your own business people! AAARGH!!!! (And this coming from a semi-straight girl! lol)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home