11.14.2006

Ashamed to be American
Posted on sosecret.com

I do a lot of traveling overseas. Although I am from Nebraska, I do not identify myself as an American when I am traveling because I am ashamed of being American. I tell people I am Canadian and the reception I get from other nationalities is entirely different. We are viewed as rude, boorish and overbearing. Canadians are viewed as intelligent, polite, culturally sensitive and a welcoming nation to all people. We, as Americans, aren’t welcoming at all to minorities. Canadians are highly regarded while Americans are considered trash. I want to be a real Canadian.

My response: Hon.... the reason why americans are viewed that way is because of who you have running your country.... Canadians are more laid back and don't make it a point to rain on everybody's parade, so to speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home