12.11.2006

Friday
I went to see Happy Feet with Angelo and it was a really good animation movie. The singing and tap dancing was awesome and the scenery was absolutely incredible. In all, I did give it a 5/5 stars for entertainment. As for the story line, I gave it more of a 3/5 stars. The sea lion part was incredibly funny. When the Amigos "penguins" came in the picture they really brought the movie to life with their jokes. I did appreciate the environmental theme that they had going but at some point during the movie the plot got kind of weird. If a tap dancing penguin shows up in a bio dome, don't you think they'd give him his own show at a circus in Las Vegas? But instead, they attached a GPS system onto his back in order to follow him to his colony? I just didn't get how environmentalist or biologist were able to figure out that a penguin colony was starving by seeing a captured penguin tap dancing. Now that was the part where I went, WTF? But at the end, I just didn't care because man, this "musical" was so great. I really wanted to clap when it was all done but others in the audience beat me to it. I can't wait for the DVD to come out!
The Amigos...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home