1.15.2007

Here's a brief update of my trip home during the holidays:

- December 22nd: I rented a car for Buddy and I to drive home to New Brunswick for the holidays. After driving for almost 10 hours, I decided that I had to find a motel to sleep for the night... So I found one on the border of Québec and New Brunswick and ended up paying like $70 for a shit hole. If only they would have had a phone or cable or even some heat! Burr, talk about major shrinkage! HA! But at least it was there when I needed it the most at around 3:30am, as I was slowly falling asleep at the wheel.

- December 23rd: I got to NB the next day and had to drive for about 5 hours to finally arrive at my parents at 4:30pm. At that point, I was a little bit sick of driving. Buddy was really sick but with lots of lovin' and some shark cartilage his back pain slowly went away.

- Christmas Eve: My parents and I had some "Tofukey" with some stuffing, carrots, peas, cranberries... I had stopped at a grocery store along the way to my parents to get some baked goodies and chocolates for the "soirée". As for my dad, he is doing very well. I was happy to see my parents and catch up on each others lives over dinner. Around midnight we sat down in the family room and oopened our presents before heading to bed.

- Christmas Day! We went to my grandmother's place for Christmas lunch where we ate some more "TOFUKEY"! Isn't that just hilarious? LOL They had tofukey because one of my uncles is vegetarian. For those of you that have no clue what it is, it's (fake) turkey made with tofu and vegetables. I actually love it. In the evening, I went to visit my friends and brought some presents for their little ones.

- On Boxing Day: SNOW STORM! When I got to NB there was no snow on the ground. But on December 26 we woke up to this... see pictures below. In the evening, my parents and I went to my ant's house, Carmel invited the entire family for a nice (REAL) TURKEY dinner. Haha Most of my cousins were there and it was nice to catch up and be with family. Oh and the desserts my ant made were all so yummy. Especially the Cherry Square...Mmmmm

My car rental...

Trees in front of my parent's house

- New baby in the family: I went to visit my cousin Izmaël, his wife Mélanie and their new addition; a beautiful little girl they named Nadège:

Me holding her; she was only 7 days old...so precious.

1 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is SO cute....

And OMG I can't believe you ate Tofurkey! hahaha I love it too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home