1.15.2007

-New Year's Eve: I spent it with my best friend Denise, her husband, Troy and their little girl Chantelle. We had a couple of drinks but I had to leave not long after midnight because I needed to rest for the long drive home the next day. At least going home wasn't that bad as my cousin, Gémaël, and her friend were coming along for the ride up 'till Montréal.

-Bad luck as usual: We left from Cocagne to Toronto on time at around 1pm. The weather network announced severe freezing rain and ice pellets for northern New Brunswick and parts of Québec. So we did get caught in the bad weather which slowed us down a bit. Getting deeper in Québec the temperature warmed up so it was mostly rain at the end. We did a few stops, but the best was the town of Lévis. My plan was to go take some pictures of Québec City, which is directly on the other side of the river. And let me tell you, the scenery was so beautiful and I was able to catch a couple of awesome shots.

Ville de Québec (Quebec City); view of "Le Château Frontenac" castleMa cousine Gémaël and her friend Alexandre from France Buddy & I

- Arriving in Montréal: I was also impress with my ability to drive in Montréal. Of course it was 2:30am and absolutely no traffic at all so I suppose that helped. lol At the end, I dropped off my cousin and her friend and decided to head home for Toronto, despite the fact that I still had 5 hours to drive.

- At 5 in the morning:
I started feeling tired. So I stopped for a large coffee at McDonald's, turned on the cold air in my face and put one of my favourite 80's song, AFRICA, and sing my heart out. In all this madness, Buddy slept like a baby in the passenger's side. haha he's so cute.


- Hwy 401 Rush Hour: Once I past Oshawa I started noticing the traffic getting a bit heavier... When I got closer to Scarborough I basically slammed into the 7:30 morning rush hour which I've heard so many times from my friends on how crazy it gets. At this moment, my body was running on adrenaline as I was afraid that those crazy Ontario drivers would hit in my car rental at some point... But I managed to survive the ordeal and could do it again!


And that's about it for my trip! I had fun and now I can say that I drove from Toronto to Moncton without any problems, well except for some bad weather. But it was all good at the end. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home